HYPOGEUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns

+9
Dumuzi
Elias socr G
Marilia
Kostas
_Marlene_
NorthernNephilim
sumerianhaze666
SumerSon
Stavros raZorious
13 posters

Go down

Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns Empty Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns

Post  Stavros raZorious Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 am

Well, for me & for most of us Greeks, it was 03/06/2000 at the Bug Club in Athens. I was studying finance & accounting in Thessaloniki at the time, so I had to travel 600km to attend the show. And what a sow it was! I remember being so nervous & excited at the same, G.O.D. was (and still is) the next big thing since the McCoy days, so the whole thing for me was "too good to be true". But, the show was marvelous, great sound & atmosphere, top selection of songs, Artaud, Tom & Mike in top form. I never really understood what Tom Nass was doing behind the "drums" btw. Highlights of the gig: Elias in ecstasy, having less than a metre distance from Artaud (thanx for the pics & the memories) & Artaud mixing up the lyrics in Ancient God!
Since then I had the privilege to watch Artaud performing another 4 times. And the dance goes on...
Stavros raZorious
Stavros raZorious

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

Back to top Go down

Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns Empty Re: Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns

Post  SumerSon Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:46 am

This a very interesting topic dear raZorious.
I have seen Artaud and his gang 5 times so far and this one in Bug club back in 2000 was really my favourite too.
For me GOD was and still is my second best band after the Nephs and remember that when the organizer of the gig (the same who brought the Nephs in Athens later on) told us that he is planning to bring GOD for a live performance, we couldn't believe it. We were really very disappointed when GOD splited up after the 7 first albums and we hadn't the opportunity to see them live on stage just for one single time.
So when Artaud decided to re-activate GOD and released the brilliant "Radiant Sons" album back in 2000 and their gig in Athens was confirmed , it was like an everlasting dream would become true!!
Now about the gig.... what can I say? Simply amazing! The band gave us their best. Artaud was the absolute frontman, Tom and Mike great guitar work as well.... (btw i was so curious about the drums thing dear raZorious too). Too bad that we didn't make a "TOWER" just like we did for the NUNS this time, but we were so focused on everything then. We didn't want to miss a thing. They played some of my all time favourites and here is the set list which Artaud singed it for me many years later since I didn't have the opportunity to meet him then).

Photobucket

Of course I have to admit that the rest 4 gigs were great as well, but none of them can be compared to the feeling of their very first one..........SARRU MASS !!

ps. I hope they play EXODUS again sometime since it is very special to me.....

Last edited by SumerSon on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:00 am; edited 3 times in total
SumerSon
SumerSon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

https://www.facebook.com/#!/

Back to top Go down

Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns Empty Re: Your first live experience with G.O.D./Lutherion/Merciful Nuns

Post  sumerianhaze666 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:27 am

really good idea..my first experience was the gig at castle rabenstein in germany, which was the material for the doublecd psychonomicon 1991-2001. it was late and cold, but it was great! There were some other little gigs like in ingolstadt, germany (AUDI-town)..after the wonderful r.i.p. in berlin, i took part at the concert of lutherion in berlin 2009..sarru mass, dear brothers and sisters! and always the comparism with f.o.t.n., but they remain in barrenness ..5 years since mourning sun! Artaud is productive!
sumerianhaze666
sumerianhaze666

Anzahl der Beiträge : 109

http://myspace.com/383683651

Back to top Go down

Post  NorthernNephilim Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 am

Athens 2010 before FOTN
NorthernNephilim
NorthernNephilim

Anzahl der Beiträge : 36

Back to top Go down

Post  _Marlene_ Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:25 am

In October 1995 I attended my first concert of Garden Of Delight at "Die Insel", Berlin. This time Adrian Hates and Thomas O'Connell were still members of the band and Adrian Hates´ new project "Diary Of Dreams" supported Garden Of Delight. It was just a small club and just a few people were there -the atmosphere was really great and unforgettable.
_Marlene_
_Marlene_

Anzahl der Beiträge : 13

http://www.dunklewelle.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostas Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

My brothers of the Greek Lodge (razorious & sumerson) have spoken for me as well. This G.O.D gig (3/6/2000) in Athens was a truely memorable celebration of all that is good in music...My most intense memory of the concert was their performance of "the seal", which is one of my all time favorites. I remember Artaud through a labyrinth of thick smoke and lights, kneeling down on the stage, taking grasp of his pendant (I think he still wears it) and chanting...IA SARRU MASS. I have seen Artaud (in his various incarnations) all the times he has visited Athens and the gigs were always great. But another one that really stands out for me, is the first M.N. gig in Athens (as special guests of the Nephilim) in 2010. Monumental & astonishing concert with a magickal performance of "the seal" once more.
Kostas
Kostas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Marilia Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 am

My first live experience was Garden of Delight's appearance at the Dark Side Festival on the 28th February of 2004. It was a very good show. I also remember Opened Paradise opening the festival..
Marilia
Marilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Elias socr G Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Really special gig 2000....
Elias socr G
Elias socr G

Anzahl der Beiträge : 22

http://www.myspace.com/mercifulnunsgr

Back to top Go down

Post  Elias socr G Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:23 pm

They only need to remember GOD we!!!
now are here....

Back to top Go down

Post  Dumuzi Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

Fantastic topic - who doesn't love reminiscing about this? :-)

My first GoD gig was at the Sacrosanct festival at London Astoria 1996. They were already one of my favourite bands, and were playing on the same bill as Dreadful Shadows, Rosetta Stone, Die Laughing, Inkubus Sukkubus (what a line up!).
Looking back it probably wasn't among the best gigs I've seen from them, but I was so thrilled to be there it didn't matter.

My personal favourite GoD gig has to be the last concert in Berlin for many reasons - it was such a charged, powerful and emotional night and will live with me forever, not least because I'm plainly visible on the DVD making a complete arse of myself at the front of the stage! It's a wonderful souvenir to have of a magical night though.

Also special mention for the gig at WGT in 2001 - the reunion was in full swing, Dawn was one of the best works of art I'd ever heard and the band had never sounded better...meeting Artuad after the gig was the icing on the cake :-)

I've only been to one Nuns gig so far - Madrid last October, but none of the special feeling I get from being surrounded by their music in a live environment had gone, and it was such a fun night despite the fact I had to catch a flight back home at 6am to avoid paying for a hotel room!
Dumuzi
Dumuzi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodthemaninblack Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow Paul what a weekend that was! My band at the time, Return To Khaf'ji, played the first night of that festival on the Saturday, I seem to remember Rosetta Stone having to cut short their set due to the P.A. sounding like crap lol. G.O.D. performed an awesome set that night, I had been waiting a few years to see them live then found out we would be playing the same festival! Amazing days back then!
Rodthemaninblack
Rodthemaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  Oskar Terramortis Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Rodthemaninblack wrote:Wow Paul what a weekend that was! My band at the time, Return To Khaf'ji, played the first night of that festival on the Saturday, I seem to remember Rosetta Stone having to cut short their set due to the P.A. sounding like crap lol. G.O.D. performed an awesome set that night, I had been waiting a few years to see them live then found out we would be playing the same festival! Amazing days back then!

Lucky boys!!!
Oskar Terramortis
Oskar Terramortis

Anzahl der Beiträge : 198

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oskar-Terramortis-Official/2011323

Back to top Go down

Post  michel french Nun Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:49 am

it was in Frankfurt last week! The show and the music were so great!!! I do love the atmosphere in the music, and also all the symbols about the megalithic stuff (I am very interested in it!!!). Artaud's voice and presence are so powerful, so you are like contaminated by the magical journey through time and deepest very ancient emotions..will never forget!!

cheers,
michel
michel french Nun
michel french Nun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxifer Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 am

My first experience was Jon asking me to do the lights for GOD back in 2006. It was two days before the GOD-show at Matrix in Bochum. I got introduced to Artaud, Jawa and Mike and my feeling proved me right there were some great times to come. Rest is history. I´m a crew-member for five years now and I´m proud to be a part of the Nunhood.
Luxifer
Luxifer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

http://www.myspace.de/luxiferLUTHERION

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down